Summer is here, basically. And naturally, I have a popsicle obsession but I’m not about to suck on some sugar sticks all season. With that said, I’ve made dozens of different freeze lollies — experimented with them in the same way I do smoothies. It’s just as easy!
Literally all you have to do is: Blend, Freeze, Pop. That simple.
Here’s the recipe to one of my favs: ‘Shine Pops’ (so cheerful)…
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 whole mango cut into chunks
- 1 banana
Toss everything into your blender until smooth. Pour into popsicle moulds & drop in 1/2 tsp of bee pollen. Freeze over night.
When they’re completely frozen, run the moulds under warm water for a minute-ish so the pops slide out nicely. Get the ends a little wet in order to stick on some more fresh bee pollen, just for presentation 😉
…That’s it… you’re ready to indulge! Easy and refreshing.
What is Bee Pollen?
Bee Pollen is a super food made by young honey bees. It is considered one of nature’s most nutritious foods, very rich in protein, free amino acids, vitamins including folic acid and many of the other B’s.
Here are a few benefits to adding Bee Pollen to your daily diet:
1. Boosts Energy
2. Helps treat allergies and other respiratory related issues like asthma
3. Rich in enzymes that can aid in digestion
4. Boosts immunity + potent source of antioxidants
5. Great for prostate health and fertility problems
6. If used topically, anti-inflammatory properties are great for the skin
Stay cool this summer by making your own homemade Shine Pops or any refined sugar-free variation of a frozen treat!
– L xoxo